Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On my mind...

“Self-pity is easily the most destructive of the nonpharmaceutical narcotics; it is addictive, gives momentary pleasure and separates the victim from reality.”

Relationships end. It happens.
I ended this one, the distance was proving to be too much for me.
I want to be able to see the person when I want and not have to plan out every single moment.
Learning.
Growing.
Selfish?
Curious.

I am a curious person by nature.
I want to know why? and how come? and explore every aspect of many things.
I have many interests that are yearning to be fulfilled.
I have places I want to see.
I have points I want to make.
Whether they will be fully understood or not.
I have breakthroughs yet to be discovered.
For myself and for every day things.
I have an awareness to tap into.
Selfish?

I’m not in college, and not a day goes by that I don’t get down a little because of it.
Money-I don’t want to be strapped to debts and panic and concern like my parents.
I want to learn what I need to learn, without being told how to do so or what it is I have to learn.
Few people understand where I’m coming from.
I dream big.
I dream bold.
I see the looks people give me when I tell them my hopes and future goals.
Unrealistic
Pointless
The look that says
It’s nice to dream but you have to be realistic.
It’s hard being raised in an area such as this.
Everyone grows up to be
Teachers
Nurses
Hair Beauticians
Warehouse workers
Construction workers
Extremely limited options for the
Gay
Vegan
Kid
Who fights for animal rights
Fights for equality
Struggles for understanding
Searches for a Higher Authority
Worth following/answering
I want more from life.
Life is too damn short to be unhappy
To become a stereotype
To walk a straight line.
My way of thinking?
Kick
Scream
Fight for what you believe
Fight for what you feel
Fight for those who can’t
Be courageous
Be kind
Be passionate
Be alive
Be a voice
Be a teacher
Be a student
Be yourself.
Selfish?

No comments:

Post a Comment