Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December already?

Where has time gone? When I was in school time always seemed to go so slow. Now that I've been out of school for a while now, I've stopped counting time by months. It blows my mind to think that this is the last month of 2009. I will post a blog later about my year in review...probably in January. So my last blog about me being sick...well I'm still trying to get over that. I thought I was ok, until sunday morning at 3am when I woke up with a horrible pain in my head and had to go to the ER. Well I have a pretty hardcore sinus infection. Apparently so hardcore the Doc had to give me vicodine. Yea..vicodine. It is only the second day of December, and boy can you feel it. The weather here in PA is cold and rainy. My room is lit by a hazelnut scented candle and Christmas tunes can be heard humming from my iTunes. This really gets me in the mood for the holidays. Though I'm excited, I can't help but think of how things might be if I had that "special someone". It seems that this Christmas everyone has that someone, and I can't help but feel like the little kid who is left out of the game, or picked last at dodgeball or something. But oh well, I suppose things happen...or don't happen...for a reason. My family is getting our Christmas tree on Saturday. We go to a place that takes us on a hay ride out into a Christmas Tree field where we saw down our own tree. We then go back to the main barn for some hot chocolate, then wander over and visit with the live reindeer. It's a cheesy little family tradition that I still enjoy. The evening will be spent listening to Christmas music, drinking eggnog, and decorating the tree. This weekend we are also getting our Goldendoodle puppy. His name is Dexter :-)
till next time...

1 comment:

  1. I could almost smell the Hazelnut in NYC.
    Good luck blogging, and if you can't come up with a profession, think of us RNs.

    ReplyDelete