Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tis The Season?

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE autumn. I love the cool weather, the changing leaves, all of it. Over the past year or so, there is one thing I kind of forgot about...the flu. Oh yes my friends, I have been hit with the pain the ass flu. Is it the swine flu? you may ask..my answer-I don't know..but I do know it is beyond annoying. It has been a while since I've been this sick. I should have seen it coming though, my sister got sick about 2 days before I did. She has been sick for about 5 days now...and it's not looking much better. I first came down with a sore throat (which is still driving me crazy) and massive cold chills (thank god they left). Now I am also plagued with massive head congestion and my left ear feels like it is going to explode. I haven't really slept in two days because when I lay down my head begins to pound, I can't breathe out of my nose, and my throat feels like I swallowed glass. Sick of me ranting? Sorry, but I'm sick of being sick. I'm not one to act as though when I get the flu it's my last days..I just find it very annoying and inconvenient. Oooh! My right nostril just opened! Gah, never mind. The good thing is that I have off work until Friday. Go figure though, I get a mini vacation and get the flu. Oh and did I mention my family is coming to my house for Thanksgiving? Yea, should be interesting. Sorry if I wasted your time with my bitching and moaning. After laying in bed for 2 days, I'm running out of things to do...since sleep isn't much of an option. Ah, my nose has cleared for the moment...I shall enjoy the luxury while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment